Becoming Self Employed

Becoming Self Employed

Saturday 10th February 2018

Registering as self-employed
You must tell HMRC that you are trading as a self-employed individual. You'll need to register for Self Assessment and Class 2 National Insurance as soon as you can after starting your business. You need to do this even if you've completed tax returns before.

TIP! You must register by 5 October in your business's second tax year to avoid late registration penalties. Please see HMRC website for further details on how to register.

Contact us for a full free guide on becoming self employed, what to look out for and our tips and tricks.